We love great beauty tips. Do you? We have rounded up our best get-gorgeous tricks in one spot for beautiful lashes. During this sticky, humid time of year the last thing we want are globs of makeup. But long, luscious lashes — those are a year-round necessity.
1. Eyelash curlers are essential. Sonia Kashuk, makeup artist and founder of Sonia Kashuk Beauty, swears by lash curlers as the key to giving lashes that “wow” factor.
2. Let lashes set between layers of mascara. Practice a little patience between each coat. “Giving a little bit of air time between each coat will allow the mascara to set and build upon each layer.
3. Prevent “spider lashes” with a lash comb. Avoid spidery clumps by combing lashes after applying mascara. A metal-toothed lash comb is key; apply a coat, wait a few seconds, brush through eyelashes, and then apply the next coat.
4. Don’t layer different mascaras. “I wouldn’t recommend this, as some formulas will not mix well and end up clumping,” Kashuk says. However, some mixing and matching does work. If there’s a wand you prefer over another, clean it off and use with your favorite formula or as a lash comb.
5. Condition and treat your lashes daily. Just like your hair, your lashes need a little TLC.