Paris Modest Fashion Week 2023: A Celebration of Diversity and Empowerment
The multi-billion dollar modest fashion has continue to grow in recent years and nowhere is this more apparent than at Paris Modest Fashion Week:" dream & utopia" . This event is a celebration of all things fashion and culture, where women designers find their place and knock down creative barriers.
The atmosphere at Paris Modest Fashion Week 2023 was bubbly, with women from all walks of life coming together to celebrate fashion and empowerment. The event was lead for and by women, especially women designers, setting it apart from other fashion events in the Western world. The CEO of the event, Sabrina Parnanzone, is also a woman, further emphasizing female leadership and empowerment.
BRAND HIGHLIGHTS & INTERVIEWS |PARIS MODEST FASHION WEEK 2023
DESIGN AND TRADITION ON DISPLAY
All of the designers seem to draw inspiration from their own cultures and traditions, resulting in a stunning array of colors, stamps, and textures. The variety in fashion and in place of production was impressive.
From Dubaya Gassama's African-inspired designs to Zayni's Moroccan-inspired pieces, there was something for everyone. Maison Thamani's designs celebrated freedom of movement, while Sultana.R offered a more trendy outlook on modest fashion. Nakaya Dubaï's luxury collection was a standout, featuring a vibrant unique collection for the season and a range of timeless classics. Melianak, a mother-daughter duo's modest swimwear brand, stood out at Paris Modest Fashion Week for its stylish and elegant designs aimed at making women feel comfortable wherever they are. Colorful stylist accessories were on display by Amel Batita, Muun Jewels, and French Turbans, while Cotton Candy Paris reminded us of the importance of a little self-love with body, hair, and beard care products. Tasty pastries courtesy of The Kumpir Lab.
BRAND HIGHLIGHTS| PARIS MODEST FASHION WEEK 2023
1. Dubaya Gassama
- Founder & Designer: Dubaya - Interviewee
- Orders: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dubaya.gassama/
2. Maison Thamani
- Founder & Designer: Savitaa - Interviewee
- Instagram & Orders: https://www.instagram.com/maison_thamani/
- Founder & Designer: Meliana
- Co-founder & Marketing: Sarah - Interviewee
- Note: Meliana and Sarah are mother and daughter
- Website: https://melianak.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/melianak_official/
4. Nakaya Dubaï
- Founder & Designer: Nakaya
- Co-founder: Belinda - Interviewee
- Website: https://nakayadubai.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nakayadubai/
- Founder & Designer: Hélène - Interviewee
- Website: https://sultana-r-paris.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sultana.r.paris.paris/
6. Zayni Creations
- Founder & Designer: Zay - Interviewee
- Instagram & Orders: https://www.instagram.com/zayni_crea/
7. Amel Batita
- Founder & Artist: Amel
- Website: https://amelbatita.com/en
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amelbatitaofficial/
8. Muun Jewels
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/muun.jewels/
9. French Turban
- Website: https://french-turban.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/french_turban/
10. Cotton Candy Paris
- Website: https://cottoncandyparis.fr/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cottoncandy_care/
MORE THAN “JUST FASHION”
The event was not just about fashion. It also featured panel discussions on topics such as mental health in the workplace and balancing motherhood with entrepreneurship. These talks provided valuable insights into the challenges faced by women in various industries and how they overcome them.
The event also includes various panels on topics such as mental health in the workplace and balancing motherhood with entrepreneurship. These talks provide valuable insights into the challenges faced by women in various industries and cultures, as well as advice on how to overcome them. The event provided women with a platform to share their stories, connect with one another and grow.
BUSINESSWOMEN/MOMPRENEUR TALKS | PARIS MODEST FASHION WEEK 2023
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW | CEO PARIS MODEST FASHION WEEK
Interview Paris Modest Fashion Week CEO Sabrina Parnanzone (English Subtitles)
Paris Modest Fashion Week 2023 empowered women in fashion within a city that is deeply iconic for the field. It created a welcoming space for women to express themselves and celebrate their diverse backgrounds through fashion, while remaining true to themselves. As Sabrina Parnanzone (CEO) said:
"I wanted to create a safe space for women to know that fashion is for all of them."
And that's exactly what this event does – it brings women together, breaks down barriers and reminds us all that fashion can be fun and empowering in a variety of ways. For more on upcoming events and Paris Modest Fashion, follow at: https://www.instagram.com/modestfashionfrance/ and https://www.instagram.com/theparismodestfashionweek/
Reported By Malu Benjamin and Paradigme Mode for Cultured Focus Magazine on May 8th, 2023.