Season 2 of “Games People Play” Premieres Exclusively On BET Network
Written by: Tammy Reese
Season 2 of “Games People Play” Premieres Exclusively On Bet Starting Tuesday, October 19 with New Episodes Available Every Tuesday Night At 10 Pm Et/Pt Starring Jackie Long, Lauren London, Sarunas J. Jackson, Karrueche Tran, And More.
BET Networks released the trailer for season two of the basketball drama, "Games People Play". The second season of “Games People Play” premieres Tuesday, October 19, at 10 PM ET/PT–Based on the popular book by Angela Burt-Murray “Games Divas Play,” “Games People Play” is a sexy, stylized one-hour drama about the L.A. high life, featuring a cast of characters where everyone plays to win, including a basketball player navigating both his equally rocky personal life and NBA career, a newly appointed team marketing executive who’s got a lot to prove, a tenacious journalist desperately seeking the truth and a struggling actress with a scandalous past. The talented ensemble cast includes Karrueche Tran, Lauren London in a limited role, Sarunas J. Jackson, Karen Obilom, Parker McKenna Posey, Jackie Long, and Kendall Kyndall, and Brandi Denise. In addition, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Vanessa Simmons, Shaun Robinson, Kevin Jackson, Barry Brewer, and Monti Washington reprise their recurring roles, with Cynthia Bailey, Nazanin Mandi, Ro Parrish, Hitman Holla, Leon, and Calvin Seabrooks to guest star in the ten-episode drama.
Tammy Reese of Cultured Focus Magazine attended "Games People Play" Press Day. She asked Jackie Long what was it like to work with Vanessa Bell Calloway who portrays his mother in the TV series.
“Games People Play” cast includes:
● LAUREN LONDON plays “Vanessa King” (limited role), a loyal yet skeptical wife who married her high school sweetheart as he was being drafted into the nation’s premiere professional basketball league.
● SARUNAS J. JACKSON plays “Marques King,” who is an all-star baller that was able to prepare himself for all aspects of life as a professional basketball player, except the women.
● JACKIE LONG plays “Kareem Johnson,” Marques’ best friend and assistant, is a former college basketball standout once destined for fame and fortune. ● KARRUECHE TRAN plays “Eden Lazlo,” the LA Vipers owner’s daughter and newly named VP of basketball operations, who further complicates Marques King’s love life.
● PARKER MCKENNA POSEY plays “Laila James,” a cunning and alluring, yet struggling actress. When she realizes that she is never going to get ahead based on pure talent, she decides to embrace her sexy, flashy side to get ahead on social media. She finds that in LA, fame is the ultimate drug.
● KAREN OBILOM plays “Nia Bullock,” a quick-witted, smart, and savvy blogger, who gets a new job that she thinks is going to launch her long-dreamed-of journalism career. However, as it turns out, this new job pulls her into the world of celebrity gossip — big names, high stakes, and never-ending scandal.
● BRANDI DENISE plays “Quanisha,” Kareem’s feisty girlfriend who will do anything to protect him and their relationship. She is not to be messed with and is always ready to hook you up with a tight weave or some box braids in a minute.
● KENDALL KYNDALL plays “Marquis ‘MJ’ Jackson,” Nia’s faithful assistant, but also one of her best friends. These two have the type of relationship where they can practically finish each other’s sentences.
“GAMES PEOPLE PLAY” is executive produced by Tracey Edmonds of Edmonds Entertainment, Angela Burt-Murray, and Vanessa Middleton. Middleton also serves as the showrunner on the series.
BET, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC), is the nation’s leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African American audience. The primary BET channel is in 125 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, sub-Saharan Africa, and France. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions including BET+, the preeminent streaming service for the Black audience; BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks — BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET’s growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
For more information, viewers can log on to BET.com and join the conversation by following #GamesPeoplePlay and @BET on all social platforms. Follow on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/gamespeopleplay/